Rob has over twenty years experience as a consultant, facilitator and coach specialising in the fields of leadership and management development. Clients range from a broad spectrum of industries including engineering, financial services, government, retailing and distribution. Rob is experienced in the diagnosis of organisational issues linking leadership to both employee motivation and capability and to the quality of the client experience.
Rob has significant global experience. During 2017/18 he delivered leadership programmes in the UK, USA, The Netherlands, Sweden and the Middle East. He has addressed conferences of up to 300 delegates on a wide range of subjects including leadership, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. He has designed and run an ILM accredited Leadership Academy for the UK’s biggest home shopping group. He designed and delivered a leadership programme which was a finalist in the National Training Awards and the HR Business Excellence Awards. He also won Best Training Programme at the Call Northwest Awards.
He is a qualified practitioner of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Team Management System Development Indicator (TMSDI) and Strengths Deployment Inventory (SDI). His coaching experience has focused on helping leaders to work on feedback received and develop action plans for maximising the effectiveness of their teams. He also spends time with groups and individuals helping them to communicate more effectively in performance conversations.
Prior to running his own leadership training and management consultancy business, Rob was Group Head of Management Development at Shop Direct Group. Here he led a team of management development consultants in the establishment of a comprehensive leadership development offer across the Group. He also took a leading role in the design and delivery of a new performance management process (circa 9000 employees).
Prior to this Rob held a number of management development roles with J Sainsbury plc, spending his last 2 years there as a management development consultant at Head Office in London.
In his early career Rob worked as a manager in stores for Sainsbury’s. This experience as an operational manger has been an invaluable foundation to him as a consultant. Recent clients include SNC-Lavalin, Skanska AB, Ombudsman Services, Perstorp and Oxfordshire County Council.
Sample client comments:
- “Attrition has dropped by 3% over the last 6 months. I attribute the People Manager Programme run by Rob as having played a significant part in that.” Grant Freeman, HR Director, Atkins Energy
- “The impact of Rob's leadership programme in Transportation has been widespread and measurable. Thanks Rob.” Andrew Denman, Business Director, Atkins Transportation
- “Rob is a brilliant business coach, facilitator and developer of training programs. I have dealt with Rob on a few occassions now and have always been blown away by his listening/communication skills and how he is able to absorb information and use this to his advantage in every situation. What is great about Rob is his ability to pick up office dynamics and culture, in such a quick amount of time. He then applies his knowledge, in order to make the training and facilitation experience relevant and interesting for the audience. His collaborative contribution in working with his clients makes him an asset to any organisation.” Katrina Gannon, HR Manager, Atkins, Australasia
- “Whilst Rob was popular due to his personality his real asset was being very commercially minded in the way he delivered leadership training to make a marked difference on business results.” Steve Porter, Head of Operations, Serco Global Services
- “Rob is versatile, adaptable and has strong business acumen. Rob has great experience in coaching, training and HR and has very strong interpersonal skills. Rob is also an excellent communicator with a very strong ability to motivate teams by being an inspirational leader.” Kevin Plant, Retail Director, Scotmid